Ever since we started asking friends to help us in our hiring efforts, we have got into number of discussions around ease or difficulty of getting awesome engineers in a specific city and for specific skills. We went ahead with the only hammer that we have and crawled data from startup job boards and career pages of companies (list). Analysis of the content of these jobs threw out some expected and some unexpected results.
Highlights of the study
- Bangalore is the hottest city but it has some strong competition from Mumbai and Delhi. Tweet
- Hyderabad lagged behind Pune and Chennai Tweet
- PHP is the most popular skill among startups. Tweet
- We were surprised to see Java beat out other more popular languages like Python and RoR. Tweet
- In other skills, mobile development and sales roles beat out demand for Social media or SEO professionals. Tweet
If you think the study can be done in a better manner or if you can find some mistake in our data then you are the guy we have been looking for. Please get in touch at sitakanta[@]mysmartprice.com for more details.